PCMCIA Parallel Adaptor

alexgray104 18:02 06 Jan 06

Hi, I recently got a new laptop which unfortunatley doesn't have a Parallel port, so I cannot plug in my Canon BJC 50 portable printer. I thought of getting just a standard converter cable that plugged into the usb, but alas, my printer has a non-standard interface. I then come across the idea of using a PCMCIA Adaptor. However, I cannot find many stockists and they are all expensive. Does anybody know of a company selling them cheaply? My laptop is running XP pro. Many thanks in advance for your much appreciated help. :-)

Chegs ®™ 18:12 06 Jan 06

eBay not got any?

I was looking for WiFi cards and the ones I found were generally £30+ yet I came across two of the model I needed on eBay for a tenner.

alexgray104 18:47 07 Jan 06

hi Chegs, thanks for the response. Unfortunately eBay haven't got any, does anybody else know of anywhere to get one??? Sorry for the slow repsonse but I went out last night.

woodchip 18:50 07 Jan 06

Cable hear to usb click here

Diodorus Siculus 19:15 07 Jan 06

To be honest, you might be better saying goodbye to the printer rather than trying for an adaptor.

I once got a USB to parallel adaptor for a panasonice laser and it was pretty tempermental.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…