PCMCIA Modem

youngbob 19:52 02 Mar 03

I recently bought a second hand Dell Latitude CPiR laptop. As it had no modem I purchased a PCMCIA modem.Windows picked it up as soon as I installed the modem and I installed the driver provided.I managed to get online once but since then I can't. All I get is a message saying that there is no response or check if it is turned on or check my IRQ settings. The thing is when I check it's status in device manager it appears to be working properly. I have tried it running Windows 98SE, ME, and XP but with the same results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Robert.

selrach 07:56 19 Apr 03

Are there any yellow markings on the driver in device manager. In there you can manually change the settings, I,ve done it with ME.
Also check the Modem in the control panel, you could reload it there. Alternatively load it as new hardware, you must also check that it has it has a wave device in sound video and game controllers. Also check it against dial up connection sometimes old modems are recognised first, there is a drag down function

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…