//some 3rd party need geo

PCMCIA Card with desktop PC

DTM 01:47 19 Feb 05

Is there anyway, by use of adaptor or similar, of using a laptop PC Card (in this case a network card) with a desktop PC. I have to use a particular make with a piece of software and the card does not appear to be compatible with my laptop.

Thanks

FelixTCat 07:20 19 Feb 05

Yes, such items do exist. See for example:
click here

However, some time ago I bought a Sitecom 11b card and adapter for a desktop. When I upgraded to a 11g wireless network, the new card would not fit the adapter so I had to continue with the old card.

You might have to do an extensive search on Google to find what you want, then agree a return if it doesn't fit (you will have to pay the return postage). By the time you have dome this, you might be better off buying a pci wireless card, e.g. click here or click here

DTM 10:15 19 Feb 05

Thanks for this. Unfortunately the card is a wired LAN and so will not work with the adaptor. I already have wireless but can only used a wired lan with the equipment I am trying to work with.

The BB 10:36 19 Feb 05

Have a look at any of the sites (just clicked on ebuyer and put in network cards) If it is just for a network card these are under a tenner (Belkin/D-Link/Netgear) so getting a PCMCIA carrier would look to be a false economy. The standard NICs should work straight out of the box.

Belatucadrus 10:37 19 Feb 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…