PCline card reader

Pidder 18:50 06 Oct 05

Have a PCline card reader for SD/MMC (bought from you know where). Works o.k. with XP,but can't get it to go on either of two P.Cs using 98SE. It's supposed to work with USB 1.1. The shop tells me I must have only USB 1.0. I thought this was a 95 relic. The driver shows in "add/remove programs" but not in the Start Programs list. Does anyone have suggestions as to the cause of the problem. Thanks.

SOREBLADE 18:53 06 Oct 05

Driver Updates???

Pidder 19:11 06 Oct 05

Thanks. The chap in the shop assured me he could get it to work on a 98SE PC using the driver CD in the package. Am I wrong in thinking that 98SE has USB 1.1 ?.

SOREBLADE 19:14 06 Oct 05

Nope but it does depend on your PC but 98SE should have 1.1.

dan11 19:29 06 Oct 05

Not sure, but try these click here for 98se.

You will need to unzip them.

spuds 19:32 06 Oct 05

Check your copy of W98SE, some had usb1 [with problems].

Pidder 20:37 06 Oct 05

Thanks all for your replies. (Been off-line for a while). I have the Security Update C.D., will try re-installing that, also dan11's suggestion. Thanks.

dan11 21:01 06 Oct 05

Also this one click here
from click here

It may not be you card reader? but may be worth trying.

Pidder 10:46 07 Oct 05

Thanks for yours. Before trying downloads I have got it working on one PC by uninstalling the driver which resulted from the CD autorun and then using "add new hardware". Can't get this to work on the second PC, where I really want to use it. Will persevere.

Pidder 11:05 07 Oct 05

Hi. Further to the above I now have the reader working on both PCs. Not sure how, I connected to the Internet and gave the option to get a driver from Microsoft, however I think it may still have come from the installation CD. Anyway, all now resolved. Thanks for your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…