PCI Wireless adaptor card

wotbus@ 19:32 16 Jun 05

WinXP/AMD Cpu. I have begun shopping around for a PCI wireless adaptor card and become a bit bewildered with the amount of choice and price range! I have searched the posts and read Netgear and AMD are not very happy together so that narrows it - and "g" would appear to be latest spec, but I would welcome any advice/recommendations. It doesnt have to cover a huge distance [just to upstairs] but the price range of £12-40odd makes me think I should be in the middle somewhere, but where and what make and what should I be taking into account other than that already mentioned?
Thanks.

dan11 19:59 16 Jun 05

I have used quite a few, pcmcia, dongles. They are usually very easy. Most you can just slot in and click on IE and you are away.

The easiest I have ever used is the belkin click here £25 will get you either the usb dongle or the better pcmcia laptop card. No postage and if there is a problem. They will refund or replace on the spot for any reason.

wotbus@ 20:07 16 Jun 05

Cheers dan11. Sorry, what's a dongle? The things I have been looking at are cards which have a small antenna attached outside the PC case.

wotbus@ 20:08 16 Jun 05

Just been to the site and it would appear to be for laptops - my PC is desktop. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

wotbus@ 20:10 16 Jun 05

Sorry again - first one on the list is for desktop [must be the time zone difference ;-)].
Thanks for the help.

dan11 20:11 16 Jun 05

Oh I see, I thought it was for a laptop. :-)

PCI card click here

WiFi dongle, it fits into a usb slot. click here Handy for switching from one computer to another. Can fit in a laptop or desktop.

wotbus@ 09:55 17 Jun 05

Looking around suppliers in France/UK and noticed "frequencies" in the FM range! They are all the same, Yes?

Strawballs 11:57 17 Jun 05
  wotbus@ 14:57 17 Jun 05

Thanks Strawballs, much obliged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…