PCI TV Card wont work

aca 19:22 15 May 05

Trying to install Wintv tv tuner pci card. From Hauupage I have got correct drivers. Installation goes through ok. However when try to run I get error messages and it wont start. In device manager I have an exclaimation mark and error code 10 the device cant start. Tried different PCI slots.
Have uninstalled, removed on board sound driver.etc and used their tool to remove conflicting drivers etc. Very little other hardware/software on pc as newly built so conflict unlikely.
Hauupage have got me to make some changes in registry to PCI permissions all to no avail.
I have just updated the bios but still the same problem.
I have an AGP graphics card on (9800 pro) which is working ok.

Is there anything anyone can suggest.

Diodorus Siculus 19:31 15 May 05

Notes: Error Code 10
click here

Stuartli 20:24 15 May 05

There are two chipsets in use in the WinTV cards lineup. Have you selected the correct chipset?

aca 20:50 15 May 05

Will try setting IRQ, and have got the right drivers for the chipset,

thanks for advice

aca 21:23 15 May 05

Diodorus

Tried to follow instrucions but the resources tab when opened sais that the device was not using resources as it couldn't be started. Was the link for serial rather than pci devices?

I have looked in bios and nothing obvious under PCI set up, wondering whether the card is faulty.

thanks

sinbad1 21:35 15 May 05

probably an 881 chipset be sure to select the approptiate OS for downloads.

Remove application and drivers.

first download the latest drivers and install

second download the latest application and install
(driver must be installed before the application
for it to work).

maybe you have already done this and the problem is with your irq

regards

sinbad1 21:42 15 May 05

you may fin some answersclick here

woodchip 21:46 15 May 05

Did you load the Drivers before you plugged the card in. You could also try loading it in Safe mode if you copy all the CD contents to Drive and run from the Copy

aca 22:12 15 May 05

Have been installing the correct drivers and doing this as per Hauupage instructions.

Card is physically installed before drivers installed.

I have been geting support from them to no avail and have followed the troubleshooting guide they provide.

I think it might be related to IRQ allocation but haven't a clue as to resolve, so any suggestions gratefully received.

aca

John-259217 01:20 16 May 05

Do you have a setting in your BIOS which asks if you have a plug and play operating system?

If so what is it set to?

Although WinXP is plug and play, the setting should be NO which will allow the BIOS to identify hardware and allocate resources.

I have three Hauppauge cards (older WinTV, early Nova T and a Nova S) all of which have proved a little "challenging" to set up, however the latest software does seem to work ok on at least three different systems that I`ve tried them with.

aca 20:45 16 May 05

m73john

changing the bios setting to NO for O/S to manage plug and play seemed to do the trick. Managed to get driver installed and working.

however....

after closing it down, installing the onboard sound drivers when I started WinTV up again I got a message that "TV window could not be opened as drivers in use by another device"

WinTV driver once again had exclaimation mark and error 10

checked IRQs and sound on different number to WintTV audio and video.

after restart Windows it tried to reinstall driver.

1 step forward 2 back

looks like conflict with sound driver but where next?

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…