caradoc 09:19 13 Jun 04

Can anyone recommend a not too expensive, PCI TV Card(up to £70 t0 £80) - could go a little further if the recommendation is OK. There seems to be a dearth of them "out there" and would appreciate recommendations from anyone who uses one or has experience of what to avoid!! Want to record programs if possible from Sky Digital etc.. and of course, watch TV!
Not too "Technical" answers please!

MartinT-B 09:52 13 Jun 04

As far as I know there isn't a card that will de-code sky digital for PC TV yet. If it can't decode it, you can't record it.

Hauppauge have a good reputation. Their top-of -the-range card is called the WinTV-PVR-350 click here

Available for about £120.00 click here

Mikè 10:10 13 Jun 04

With regards to recording sky, you can of course record which ever station your sky box is tuned to, via the cards aerial input.

jbaker65 10:13 13 Jun 04

Aldi stores sell a 'Medion' TV card for £30. Also my local computer spares shop have two different TV cards at about the same price. A local enquiry will save you pounds.

jbaker65 10:17 13 Jun 04

I meant to add on my previous reply, I use an Avermedia pci analogue capture card (£40)with an old VHS recorder as the tuner and this works fine.

SEASHANTY 11:34 13 Jun 04

Avermedia Freeview card click here

Dekka123 12:26 13 Jun 04

I use Hauppage Win TV 2000 and I record cable programmes and also put vhs tapes on my hard disk. I have used it for years and never had any trouble. Very easy to use

caradoc 17:14 13 Jun 04

Many thanks to you all. I now have some idea of what to look for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…