pci soundblaster card

antafc1 12:12 27 Jul 03

trying to install card but not 100% sure how. can any one help.

Rachel B 12:24 27 Jul 03

i assume you've done the actual 'stick it in the PCI slot bit'? you should then be able to go to 'Add New Hardware' in the control panel, which will either search for any new hardware or prompt you to insert any installation discs that came with it...

R

Pamy 12:29 27 Jul 03

Stick it in spare pci slot. Boot up ,load driver.

More info on exactly what your problem is

Pamy

antafc1 12:38 27 Jul 03

i put it in the slot,added new hardware it said it could not detect it.card did not come with
any installation disc.

Rachel B 12:53 27 Jul 03

Hmmm...might be worth trying again - take it out and put it back in again to make sure the card is seated properly in the slot. Failing that, I think you may need to check in the BIOS whether the PCI slots are all enabled, but I'm not sure! Not got that much experience I'm afraid, but I did have the same prob with a network card and reseating it worked...
Good luck!

R

antafc1 13:07 27 Jul 03

rachel b
thanks 4 advise will try and c wat happens
let u all know.

pj123 13:14 27 Jul 03

Where did you get the card from? All PCI sound cards have an installation CD. If you got it from a shop, take it back and ask for one with installation disc.

-pops- 13:14 27 Jul 03

The slots for PCI cards are usually very tight, especially if they've not been used before. They need a very hard push BUT be careful you don't bend or (worst) crack the motherboard. You know when they are inserted correctly because the bent metal bar on the card (with the hole or slot in it) lines up very close to the receiving part on the case.

Brian

antafc1 14:20 27 Jul 03

THANKS EVERYBODY.
I HAVE PUT THE CARD IN AGAIN AND EVERYTHING SEEMED TO LOAD UP PROPERLY, BUT I STILL GET KNOW SOUND.THE CARD WAS BOUGHT ON E-BAY.
PLS CAN ANYONE HELP.

Stuartli 14:28 27 Jul 03

Have you installed the drivers?

If not visit the manufacturer's website and download them for your particular model.

Stuartli 14:33 27 Jul 03

If it's a Creative soundcard you will probably require the final SB drivers issue - Livedrvpack.exe and SBLW9XUP_JUNE_2001_.EXE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…