PCI slot won't recognise caed

townno1 18:03 28 Jun 03

Hi - anyone any ideas on how to overcome this problem. PCI slot 3 on my Gigabyte motherboard doesn't recognise any PCI card I put in it. All the cards work in the other slots - I can't use a spare slot as I've filled all the others up.
Any help would be appreciated

Biamp

Diemmess 18:55 28 Jun 03

Oh dear, whatever the effect and trouble, it seems that slot is no longer at the party.....

It is tough, but either do without that "last card" or look for a new motherboard.

jazzypop 20:25 28 Jun 03

Check in your BIOS that there are no reserved or disabled slots. Ensure that IRQ Steering is enabled - see click here - if it is enabled, try disabling, reboot, re-enable, reboot - this sometimes kickstarts a 'dead' PCI slot.

DieSse 20:32 28 Jun 03

Is this a "shared" slot, with an ISA slot? - ie is it the bottom PCI slot, and do you have a used ISA slot underneath it.

Sometimes the bottom PCI slot is not a bus-mastering slot, and so will only work with some cards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…