PCI Simple Communications Controller

teknikz 18:13 04 Feb 05

my brothers pc has got a problem with the pci simple coms controller in the device manager....where can i download the driver for it?

i've looked on click here but cant find it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:18 04 Feb 05

This is usually a dial up modem card do you know the type / name of the modem fitted?

teknikz 18:25 04 Feb 05

well its actually the broadband modem that will not work...even when we re-install it. its a copperjet 800-usb modem

Totally-braindead 19:46 04 Feb 05

Are you sure that this is the device? The PCI simple communications controller is a device which fits in a PCI slot inside your PC whereas from what I've been able to find your router is USB. Are you sure that your PC doesn't still have a modem inside it?

Totally-braindead 19:53 04 Feb 05

This is the driver for your router click here by the way if you don't follow the instructions exactly when installing it won't work this may be why you're having differculty. Usually you install the driver software before you connect up the modem and only connect it up when you're told to. If you install the drivers when the modems already connected it won't work. I don't know if this is the case with yours but you should be able to download the manual from the above website. Follow the instructions exactly.

teknikz 20:52 04 Feb 05

not sure if theres a dial up modem already in it but the broadband modem just stopped working. it had been working fine for months up until now.

we've re-installed the modem a few times following the instructions exactly and its still not playing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…