PCI Serial Controller

Magic VI 16:06 13 Dec 03

My PC was coming up with a message "no operating system found". The Hard drive was not running at a steady speed so I replaced it with one from another machine with W98 already loaded.
At startup it recognises the 48M memory and the new hard drive and an ATAPI CD ROM. It then starts to load further and comes up with the need for the driver for a 'PCI Serial Controller'. It will not recognise the CD ROM (I have replaced that with one I know is working). If I ignore the driver request it eventually comes up with the normal desktop and the software - which works. I have noticed that in Control Panel there is no 'System' icon. If I go to My Computer - 'properties' there is no CD ROM shown.

HELP me please.

madPentium 16:18 13 Dec 03

It wants to change all the drivers for your system. The pci serial controller is very likely your internal modem.
Take this out and boot into windows and let it sort out everything else first. Then install your modem and have the drivers ready.

Magic VI 10:44 14 Dec 03

Thanks for that.
I have now 'nearly' got it installed but it wants a .dll file I cannot find
serwvdrv.dll
The only place seems to be at
click here
who want a membership fee.

Magic VI 10:45 14 Dec 03

sorry it should be a .drv file
serwvdrv.drv

VoG II 10:46 14 Dec 03
  Magic VI 11:59 14 Dec 03

Hi,
serwvdrv.drv file required.

Magic VI 18:45 23 Dec 03

I have given it up as a bad job. It is Packard Bell machine with an on-board sound card so I cannot get a driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…