PCI Resource Conflict new firewire card windows 98

Richmond34 22:33 09 Sep 04

I installed a new PCI firewire card and now my computer fails to boot up properly - giving Resource conflict errors.

My system is a Dell Intel Pentium III 600 mhz with Windows 98.
384 MB Ram
20 GB harddrive
CD RW
DVD ROM
IOMEGA ZIP
Hercules 3D Prophet 9000 128MB video card
Creative SB Live sound card
Modem

The symptoms are as follows:
I have two empty PCI slots. I installed the card into one empty PCI slot and switched on the PC
The PC beeps and show the following message

ERROR
RESOURCE CONFLICT - PCI
BUS:00, DEVICE:0F, FUNCTION:05

ERROR
RESOURCE CONFLICT - PCI
BUS:00, DEVICE:0F, FUNCTION:06

ERROR
RESOURCE CONFLICT - PCI
BUS:00, DEVICE:0F, FUNCTION:07

PRESS ESC TO RESUME, DEL TO SETUP

If I press DEL I go into the BIOS setup - but I do not know what I am looking for.

If I press ESC, the computer continues to boot successfully, and correctly installed a new driver for the Firewire card on the first boot.

Now every time I switch the PC on now I get the same error message above each time.

I tried installing the card into the other free PCI slot, bit this makes no difference.

What information do you need from me to help daignose the problem?

Thanks

no-name 10:06 10 Sep 04

Richmond34 don't know if this helps but there is a similar problem discussed click here (starts about halfway down).

c_norris1989 10:07 10 Sep 04

is the resource conflict listed in windows?

Richmond34 12:35 11 Sep 04

Thank you both for your posts, and for helping resolve my problem. I tried the card in both of the free PCI slots I have - but the same error occurred both times. The link you pointed me to suggested that the conflict might be with teh modem, so I moved the modem to one of my free slots and put the firewire card in the other free slot leaving the slot where the modem had been empty. After relaoding the drivers on booting up everything works perfectly with no errors. So thank you very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…