pci multimedia device

heepster 11:13 19 Jun 04

I have aquired an old Dell pc to enable my kids to stop messing my machine up! However I cannot get any sound out of it. On devive manager there is a yellow mark against PCI device manager. Cant seem to find any drivers for this.Anyone help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:33 19 Jun 04

Modems quite often show as pci multimedia devices.

What op sysytem / comp spec have a look what cards are fitted can tell sometimes by looking at connections on rear if not then open it up.

swampy123 11:39 19 Jun 04

is it onboard sound or a sound card, it would help you if you new what sound device you had in there. i.e "creative sound blaster" at least you would know where to start looking. if you can find a name try click here

heepster 19:48 19 Jun 04

Its on board as there is no sound card. Running 98se.I installed a generic soundblaster driver still no output.

Cuddles 21:38 19 Jun 04

Take the lid off look on the soundcard for an FCCID number, enter the first three digits into driverguide fccid search or if you can connect to the net download belarc from click here this will analyse your system and provide you with a report of hardware installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…