PCI Multimedia Audio Controller

hargranules 17:52 07 Oct 05

Trying to mend pc with no sound when I click on device manager their is a yellow warning icon next to Multimedia Audio controller. It has no driver installed been on windows updates and tried to find drivers on web but no luck.

Pc is on windows xp, pc is made by cybercom.

Been trying to find drivers all afternoon. Please Help!

Chegs ® 17:59 07 Oct 05

You need the audio drivers installed,try aida32/belarc to get the info.

Aida32 click here

Belarc click here

MAJ 18:00 07 Oct 05

Download, install and run "Everest Home Edition", see if you can get a manufacturer name and model for it, hargranules. click here

hargranules 21:29 07 Oct 05

Still no luck. I downloaded and got report from Everest. Downloaded driver to cd and then installed. but multimedia audio devices still has questionmark in device manager still no sound.

When I lick on audio devices in control panel says no audio devices, no playback no recording etc.

I am stumped anyone out there got any ideas?

Totally-braindead 21:56 07 Oct 05

If you download and run Belarc it should tell you the make/model of your motherboard, if you've got onboard sound we will be able to provide you with a link to the website. If its an external soundcard ie it fits in a PCI slot, thats the white ones on your motherboard Belarc should still tell you what it is. I suspect you've probably got onboard sound so post the motherboard make and model.

Totally-braindead 21:57 07 Oct 05

Sorry just reread your last post, Everest which you already have should do the same.

hargranules 22:01 07 Oct 05

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 12/13/2002-SiS-648-6A7I0M4BC-00
Motherboard Name MSI MS-6701 (Medion OEM)

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 533 MHz
Bandwidth 4266 MB/s
Motherboard Physical Info:
CPU Sockets/Slots 1
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP
RAM Slots 2 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, LAN
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Chipset SiS648

Motherboard Manufacturer:
Company Name Micro-Star International
Product Information click here
BIOS Download click here

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 267 MHz
Bandwidth 2133 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:
Bus Type SiS MuTIOL
Bus Width 16-bit

Totally-braindead 22:23 07 Oct 05

Since it appears to be a Medion have you tried here click here go to service and support then drivers updates then key in your ID

Totally-braindead 22:24 07 Oct 05

Somewhat confused here, rereading the whole thread you say its a Cybercom computer but Everest mentions Medion.

hargranules 22:28 07 Oct 05

Not as confused as me. pc tower has cybercom on front window xp disc says cybercom.

Just found info on another site about this motherboard said to download acer 377 drivers or something . Downloaded went through wizard saved to c drive program files, installed rebooted and nothing. Am i missing something.

woodchip 22:29 07 Oct 05

Cybercom just another Medion Brand name, the also use Tevion brand. and some more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…