PCI Modem search

Birder 1 15:12 10 Feb 05

Each time i log on the found new hardware wizard appears and says it is looking for the above,what and where is it

JonnyTub 15:13 10 Feb 05

it's a modem in your pc, you can physically remove it or disable it in device manager to stop the messages coming up, providing this isn't how you access the internet.

Diemmess 18:42 10 Feb 05

If you are not using that modem and want to be rid of this wizard, you have to humour Windows.
Let the wizard run, answering the prompts using the defaults offered, and when it asks for the drivers let it look for them. If it finds them or doesn't for that matter, carry on stage by stage to Finish... You won't be bothered again.

If on the other hand you "Cancel" at any stage, the fun and games will start over again next time.

Birder 1 20:29 10 Feb 05

thanks where do i find the device manager

harps1h 21:21 10 Feb 05

go to start panel then my computer. click on view system information then on the tab hardware that is where you find device manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…