PCI Modem Driver

cisco 21:28 03 Mar 04

After changing a faulty Hard Drive I cannot find any drivers on XP CD. There is no Manufacturers
name on the modem card. Any advice how to obtain a driver?

VoG II 21:31 03 Mar 04

Run click here which should tel you the modem make/model.

Then visit the maker's website or click here

cisco 22:06 03 Mar 04

Thanks for the info

cisco 22:32 03 Mar 04

Belarc program shows no Modem info - XP Add Hardware wizard sees PCI Modem. Any advice?

VoG II 22:35 03 Mar 04

Have you tried letting XP install its default drivers?

cisco 22:38 03 Mar 04

XP can't find any drivers on startup CD

JIM 22:48 03 Mar 04

Windows update may give the modem drivers as it has with my system.CTX V9X PCI modem drivers they installed.

cisco 22:51 03 Mar 04

Problem is without a modem I can't access Windows update.Can I ?

JIM 23:01 03 Mar 04

click here

To install Unimodem V in Windows 95, follow these steps:
Download the Unimodv.exe file to an empty folder.
In My Computer or Windows Explorer, double-click the Unimodv.exe file to expand the files it contains.
Use WordPad (or any text editor) to open the Readme.txt file that was expanded from the Unimodv.exe file in step 2. Read the Readme.txt file for complete installation instructions.

NOTE: The Unimodem V Readme.txt file is also available in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
140323 Microsoft Unimodem V Readme.txt File

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

woodchip 23:13 03 Mar 04

If you go to Add New Hardware in Control Panel, you can install a generic Driver, if you tell it to show all devices. the one to use is I think it's called something on the lines of Hayes Modem. You should choose the Internal 56k modem. Hears a good place to look for Modem Drivers if you find what modem you have inside click here

cisco 23:19 03 Mar 04

Thanks again for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…