pci memory controller in windows 2000 on dell gxa

two00lbwaster 20:16 08 Apr 03

ive been trying to install various operating systems sucessfully on a dell optiplex gxa but i get a request to find a driver for pci memory controller everytime. i cant get onto the net because the modem and network functions wont work without this driver so it seems.

it seems i need to find the driver some where online and downoad it to floppy disk

two00lbwaster 20:32 08 Apr 03

refresh

two00lbwaster 21:10 08 Apr 03

refresh

two00lbwaster 21:45 08 Apr 03

also have pci simple comunications controller come up but it wont accept the driver for it. something i solved by using the generic connexant driver

two00lbwaster 13:08 09 Apr 03

refresh

two00lbwaster 18:38 09 Apr 03

er refresh :-\

two00lbwaster 14:36 18 Apr 03

refresh

Big Elf 14:55 18 Apr 03

Have you tried Dell Support at click here you will need your service tag no.

two00lbwaster 15:08 18 Apr 03

yeah ive been there im afraid. from what ive found out the pci memory controller points to the upgradable onboard rage3d sodimm memory slot. unfortunatly dell hasnt made any win2k drivers availible for the gxa and the nt4/95 drivers are pretty close to useless.

what i cant figure out is why windows wont pick up the modem or allow and comunications devices to work. its a rather bad headache that im getting from this thing, not being my computer an all

Big Elf 15:21 18 Apr 03

I've just spent the last frustrating 15 minutes on the Dell site and it reminded me why I didn't replace my old Dell laptop with another one.

Apprently it has the Intel 440lx chipset and a search for 'Intel 440lx pci controller driver' returned 1500 hits so it looks as though it's going to take some tracking down unless someone on the forum has the same model with updated drivers.

What was the OS on the system when new?

two00lbwaster 15:26 18 Apr 03

95 with usb support thus the reason why i couldnt go to nt4 that and i had a spare 2000 licence

lol i know the feeling with the dell website though its better that some others i could mention and yes i found that it was the lx model as well(i looked on the chipset lol)but i couldnt find pci memory controller for an lx chipset but maybe you were right to cut out the memory part of it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…