PCI IDE CARD-where can i get one?

holly polly 16:23 28 Sep 03

hi read the article in pca ,advises against having optical drive on the same ide channel as hdd .
my hdd is set as master on ide 0 and my cd rom is set as slave on the same channel when backing up disks etc through clone cd i notice the hd slowing ,the other ide channel is took up with cdrw as master and dvd rom as slave .
thinking of purchasing an ide card to rectify this problem ,is this what u advise ,and if so where can iget one ,all answers greatfully recieved ,thanks -hol pol ....

krypt1c 16:36 28 Sep 03

This might fit the bill click here

-pops- 17:13 28 Sep 03

This is what I use click here

Hope that link works

R4 17:18 28 Sep 03

Hasn't your Mother board got 2 IDE channels on it :- IDE1 & 2. Most of them do.

Then use IDE1 fo Hdd drives and IDE 2 for optical Drives.

-pops- 19:20 28 Sep 03

I think you may have mis-read the post.

keith-236785 20:04 28 Sep 03

Holly polly

if your present config isnt causing a problem then dont try to fix it, if your hard drive is slowing down noticably then go ahead and buy the interface but i think you may not notice any imrovement.

good luck whatever you do

-pops- 20:13 28 Sep 03

I agree with paperman27. If it ain't broke - - etc. The reason I have a PCI IDE card is because I have three, sometimes four hard drives (one in a caddy) and three optical drives.

Rayuk 20:45 28 Sep 03

Why not just remove the cdrom do you really need it?

R4 21:19 28 Sep 03

your right, I missed the second bit

holly polly 09:45 30 Sep 03

THIS MATTER IS RESOLVED PCI IDE CARD ON ITS WAY -thanks to all who posted -hol pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…