pci graphics cards

musichead 11:15 12 Jun 05

hi.i am looking to buy a graphics card for my pc.i only have the old pci slots.i have looked on the net for cards but am a bit confused with what ones are the best,i want to get the best for my system.my pc is a dell dimensions with a pentium 4 2.5gig with 512 DDR ram.i would also like to no were the best place to go online to buy the card.remeber my system has the old pci slots.thanks

bremner 11:24 12 Jun 05

Ebuyer has a selection click here

Zaphod Beeblebrox 11:25 12 Jun 05

heres a couple of sites i use on a regular basis with no problems click here

click here

as to which is the best card will have to leave that to someone else

Totally-braindead 12:02 12 Jun 05

You'll be struggling to get a PCI card, the only ones I could find were a FX5200 and a MX400. Its either one of them or a new motherboard I'm afraid.

Totally-braindead 12:24 12 Jun 05

As an example of the two look here click here you can see from the benchmarks that the 5200 is a bit better than the MX400 but not by that much. The good news is both the cards are cheap. Personally I'd upgrade and buy a new board but I play a lot of games, if you just want something a bit better than what you have, I presume its onboard, then I'd go for the 5200.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…