PCI graphics card

Garb 13:18 05 Oct 03

Anyone know if a PCI graphics card should work on a P4 motherboard

Belatucadrus 13:26 05 Oct 03

Should do, what card & board ?

Garb 13:39 05 Oct 03

ATI 8MB Rage Pro
Asus P4P800
The reason I ask is that I can't get it to work and it has just come out of an old Pentium motherboard where it functioned Ok. Seems AGP slots changed for P4 motherboards and I wanted to get the new mobo set up before I get round to buying a new graphics card. (my older AGP cards won't fit)

Belatucadrus 14:00 05 Oct 03

I can't say why it doesn't work and the Asus site offers no clues click here Beyond the obvious suggestions of checking that the card's seated properly and trying another PCI slot, not sure where to go next.

Diemmess 14:40 05 Oct 03

The mention of PCI suggests you want to bypass the present AGP compatablity problem.

If you want to use a PCI card instead as a temporary alternative, it should work fine.

There is a problem which like you I only met because I was replacing a blown mobo for a friend and learned that latest AGP cards may use something like 1.6v instead of about twice that.
I found that one I had in mind simply will not fit in the new motherboard because of pin re-alignment (safety measure I suppose).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…