pci firewire for Windows 98

Newuser4274 16:45 16 Feb 04

I should like to use my pc to edit my dv video camera. I need to use a firewire to download the data but they seem to require Windows 98SE as minimum system. Is it possible to use a firewire with my Windows 98 or do I need to upgrade my pc. Many thanks.

Chegs ® 16:53 16 Feb 04

This was asked in PCA recently,and on searching it would appear that you need to upgrade to 98se then install another d/l.I have just been back thru my previous postings but couldn't find the previous thread.

Gongoozler 17:00 16 Feb 04

This Startech product click here looked like it would work on Windows 98, but checking the makers website click here, it has to be 98se. I don't think Windows even worked reliably with USB until 98se, so I'm not surprised that this is necessary for Firewire.

TonyThePM 18:53 16 Feb 04

Firewire support came in with 98SE. As far as I know, no manufacturer of firewire PCI cards supports 98 first edition. Certainly the belkin and nikon (nikon supplied, source unkown but device manager says NEC) cards that I have only work with 98SE onwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…