PCI FAST ETHERNET ADAPTOR ??

prozac1947 20:38 22 Mar 03

Whilst solving my other 2 problems I found this one :
PCI Fast Ethernet Adaptor - Device Network Adapter... apparently it hasn't got the correct driver. Does this matter and what is it please !!
Also the new Motherboard has got low memory and an update is necessary. As the system is new should I be worried ??

1,incorrect NIC driver only makes this NIC without function.
2,what does mean "Motherboard has got low memory "?

DieSse 01:18 23 Mar 03

You say - "found these two problems" - can you tell us how you found them - was it a program you ran - if so, which program?

prozac1947 10:08 23 Mar 03

I found driver for the pci ethernet - not managed to suss out how to put it in yet !!

The programme I used is: SISoftware Sandra20 on a 30 day trial. I used the "Performance a tune-up wizard" it gives warnings and tips on everything. The one I was concerned about said:
Mainboard has too few memory slots. Upgrading may be difficult and expensive.

Really wanted to know if this Ethernet is an essential part.

DieSse 11:03 23 Mar 03

The ethernet port is only essential if you wih to use it- i infer from what you have said that you are not using it at present. Ethernet is local Area Network (LAN) - just incase you are unsure.

Ignore the Sisoft talk about your RAM slots - there's nothing you cxan do to increase them - and it simply means if you do want to upgrade your RAM, then it might be a "replace" raither than "add to" for the RAM modules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac