PCi-Express Graphics Card Recomendation

Audio~~Chip 18:24 15 Sep 09

A few months ago I was intending to build a new machine but have decided to hold off till Windows 7 arrives and a few more months like 1yr for the dust to settle

So I am intending now to overhaul my exhisting machine starting off with the following.

Intel Q6700 2.66GHz OEM, Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Cooler, on a Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G Motherboard

I did try running Vista 64bit and found this machine very poor boot so reverted back to my old motherboard and XP Pro back on.

I know a P45 intel chipset is better but have my doubts on Asus P5Q series boards.

I am planning to get a 22" - 24" TFT possibly with HDMI just for better Text work if that will show better text work. I do not play games.

I am stuck on a respectable PCi-Express card and money is not a problem

Can someone give me some of their suggestions for a CPU, Motherboard, PCI-Express card & maybe memory without having to overclock.

I am only intersted in Intel CPU's and not AMD.

citadel 18:55 15 Sep 09

the new p55 boards are getting good reviews, the latest i7 lynnfied cpu's socket 1156 are also highly rated. I would get the hp lp2475w 24" monitor if I could afford it, £420. dx11 graphics cards out the 22 or 23 of this month.

Audio~~Chip 19:39 15 Sep 09

I need to get this sorted before the end of the week, but will most likely be overhauling to upgrade again when Windows 7 settles.

I will look at the P55 boards now, what in your view is a decent PCI-Express card available today. I am not a gamer but I do work many hours on Spreadsheets and also run a porgramme called kinetic SBS Basestation click here

Audio~~Chip 21:23 15 Sep 09

Crossfire support (ATI) and wasn't going to use the Crossfire option would it be pointless in me getting one and also would a non crossfire motherboard work ok with it ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now