PCI Express, graphics card choosing advice request

squareye 22:16 18 Apr 05

Hello All,
I'm researching a new graphics card for about £40, every time I think I've got it nailed, somthing comes up to put me off.( same experience trying to get a phone...my missus says ooh thats a nice one, then all the reviews say it sucks etc) I was looking at Nvidia based cards, upgrading from an mx400, to run on a 1.7 pentium Fujitsu t bird,576 mb ram 3 years old. I dont play many games (tetris!), but like Celestia, an astronomy sim,on this there are a lot of big textures you can run,jpg,png bmp the best in tiled dds form, the frame rate can get slow and creaky, (it also requires open gl support) I was thinking of a 128mb FX5200 based agp card, then came across a pci express card on dabs, do you need a new type of slot, or wiill it work in a pci slot? All recommendations gratefully considered, cheers *-)

AndySD 22:30 18 Apr 05

You cant use a PCI-E card...as you dont have the new socket on you Motherboard. Look for AGP

I still play all games with GeForce 4 Ti4200 its now only £38 at dabs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…