PCI express duel or single setup?

Flak999 11:46 24 Feb 11

Hi all, I am in the market for a new desktop and am waiting until the sandy bridge issue is resolved before ordering.

One of the options I am considering is whether or not to go for a duel or single graphics card setup?

I have read much about this on various websites but there does not seem to be a conclusive answer out there to this issue.

What do the rest of you think about this question, what are your experiences with duel and single graphics installations. Does paying the extra for two cards give a performance advantage which is worth the not inconsiderable amount of money that a duel setup will cost?

961 11:58 24 Feb 11

I would suggest that unless you are into the fastest gaming it is not necessary to have two cards

gengiscant 12:36 24 Feb 11

I have just upgraded my twin 5770's to a single a single 6000 series card and much prefer it. I found that I was constantly having issues with the Crossfire set up.

Flak999 14:42 25 Feb 11

I also intend to run two monitors, does the duel graphic card option offer any benefits to a two monitor setup?

gengiscant 15:33 25 Feb 11

None what so ever, I am running a twin monitor setup on the one card and could add a third if I so wished.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac