PCI Express

latino1707 20:27 19 Apr 06

I have a Dell 3100 with 2 pci slots and 1 pci express slot. I found out without checking first that the PCI express slot is x1. I have already bought a 128mb PCI express card which is x16. I cannot see a PCI express x1 card for sale anywhere. How can this slot in my Dell be used?

thms 20:45 19 Apr 06

the only one i have found is here
click here

Totally-braindead 20:53 19 Apr 06

Thats interesting I didn't know such a thing existed. The PCI Express x1 slots are not meant for graphics cards they are meant for other devices. I don't think it would be a very great card, you might be better off with the onboard graphics you have.

Totally-braindead 20:53 19 Apr 06

Thats interesting I didn't know such a thing existed. The PCI Express x1 slots are not meant for graphics cards they are meant for other devices. I don't think it would be a very great card, you might be better off with the onboard graphics you have.

hzhzhz 20:55 19 Apr 06

Spec for above card click here

Totally-braindead 20:57 19 Apr 06

But is it better than the onboard graphics is what I was wondering. Its also very expensive for what it is.

latino1707 21:02 19 Apr 06

You are right, it is expensive especially when I bought an ATI Radeon x300 Club for £24.95

thms 21:05 19 Apr 06

Doesn't look like you have many options though see
here
click here

Totally-braindead 21:13 19 Apr 06

If you have a spare PCI slot, thats the white ones, you could buy a PCI graphics card such as one of these click here or these click here but they are low end cards and I am unsure about whether they would be an improvement over the onboard graphics either. Perhaps someone can comment on that.

latino1707 21:17 19 Apr 06

Maybe the only option is a PCI card as there are 2 of them which are free. This would mean selling a new PCI express card I have and looking for a decent priced PCI only card.

Totally-braindead 21:22 19 Apr 06

That may be your only option latino1707 but there are very few PCI cards available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…