PCI-E Power Adapter Problem

Purpleivan 11:34 01 May 06

I'm currently in the middle of a PC build and have come across a slight problem.

My graphics cards is a PCI-E 6800 Ultra with the 6 pin PCI-E power connector, so to supply power to it I have bought a twin 4 pin molex to PCI-E adapter cable.

Unfortunately the adapter plug and graphics card power socket do not match. The adapter plug has three of the "cut corner" pin surrounds, while the card socket contains four of these, hence the fitting problem.

At first I assumed that there had been some kind of manufacturing error on adapter cable, but on checking various images of these from various web sources, mine seems to be correct, the same being the case for the socket on the 6800 Ultra.

My question then, is how many of these "corner cut" pin surrounds should there be on a PCI-E power connector.

I've carried out a comprehensive web search on this and have come up with no examples or discussion of a similar issues with PCI-E connectors, it's really got me stumped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…