pcchips 730s m810lmr-bois upgrade?

second best 14:51 21 Sep 03

hi, can anyone tell me if and how to flash my bios rom.

second best 16:53 22 Sep 03

second best 16:54 22 Sep 03

sorry, winxp pro, sis chipset.

ardvarc 18:21 22 Sep 03

It's a bit confusing as they have changed the model numbers. As far as I can tell your MoBo comes under M830L in the BIOS update page below. Click on how to upgrade BIOS.

click here

second best 18:37 22 Sep 03

thnxs ardvark, but i can't make any sense of it. not sure waht version i havee. too confusing

Mr Tinkles II 22:39 22 Sep 03

last time i tried to flash a pc chips bios the damn thing 'seemed' to go through ok but when it actually came to rebooting the whole board was dead after which i snapped the thing across my knee and went out and a gigabyte board. after some investigation i was told that although updates are available it is wise not to do this with pc chips boards as they do not like being messed about.

second best 23:32 22 Sep 03

that sounds god enough to me. i can't believe how un decipherabl ethe pcchips web site is, and i know i'm not the only one. can't wait to get some apsre cash to get a decent mobo. i'll leave this one i think. thnkxs all.

Mr Tinkles II 00:45 23 Sep 03

the board i bought incidentally was a gigabyte ga-7va and to be honest for the money i spent (approx £50) i am well chuffed. dunno if this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…