PCA's compare broadband providers

birdface 11:32 18 Sep 09

Hi.My computer security keeps stopping this from running.Internet Options Security or Privacy.Is it potentionaly dangerous or is it something that I should allow.
Just wondering if that may be causing my pages to open just a bit slower than normal.

birdface 11:37 18 Sep 09

Just checked again 3 of them being refused on this page.And it is Privacy that is stopping them and it is set to medium.

rdave13 11:42 18 Sep 09

OK here. Just run this one; click here?

birdface 11:51 18 Sep 09

You lost me on that one.Was it the correct click here.

rdave13 11:58 18 Sep 09

Don't know but thought so? All these links ok if I'm in the right place :) ;click here

birdface 12:11 18 Sep 09

Broadband providers??.Faster Broadband might get me to open the pages a bit quicker.I am only on 2Mb with Virginmedia.I was just enquiring if it was possible that the pages were a bit slower to open because it was stopping the PCA compare broadband providers advert from running.Sorry if I confused you.I confuse myself as well some times.

Sea Urchin 12:22 18 Sep 09

There is something odd about that ad - I think it is something to do with the fact that it contains a live search box. As I posted last week it interferes with my IE Spellcheck.

I can get round it by deleting the existing postcode (N7 9DP) but it simply comes back when you reload the page.

I'm sure it's nothing threatening - just a glitch in the setup of the PCA page.

rdave13 12:28 18 Sep 09

Sorry, we're both confused! Don't know about the ad but just recently IE8 has been having problems with this site for me. Sometimes it makes the CPU work hard when clicking on a link so that I have to close one of the iexplore.exe in task manager. This brings up the 'repaired tab connection' or something similar it's called, then reconnects ok.
Only on this site though.

Sea Urchin 13:14 18 Sep 09

I am also finding high CPU usage (just on this site) - but I now find that by deleting that "compare broadband" postcode the problem disappears. Of course it has to be deleted every time you load a new page, but it would be interesting to see if it overcomes your difficulty as well.

birdface 14:26 18 Sep 09

Tried with the postcode removed but the first click here that I go to it comes back so not a solution.

Sea Urchin 14:31 18 Sep 09

Yes, as I said the postcode returns whenever a new page is loaded - but if I delete it every time the PCA site runs smoothly with no problem. If I leave the postcode there it freezes on almost every link.

Of course this is not a solution - the solution would probably be not to have that postcode there in the box initially.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…