pcadvisor site! driving me nuts!!

niknax 21:24 13 Feb 04

hi folks, problem is, since last weekend, pcadvisor website is an absolute nightmare! been here everyday for a year now, nothing has changed, but i have to refresh every page on pca, everytime i log on, and only on pca website, no other visited website has any problems! spybot, avast, zonealarm, have been installed since i built the pc, nothing has changed! help please!

Nik

VoG II 21:26 13 Feb 04

I guess you are on AOL?

PA28 21:31 13 Feb 04

I'm on Freeserve and good a good speed tonight (45.2). The site is sluggish - when I clicked on this thread I waited (I timed it) 90 seconds before I hit refresh to get a result. Even then it took a further 12 seconds until I got the page. There have been frequent reports of this recently - I hope that PCA have matters in hand as I'm sure they have to ease the frustration.

PA28 21:33 13 Feb 04

good a good speed? got a good speed is what I meant. These cordless keyboards are making me wonder if they're up to the job!!!!

woodchip 21:34 13 Feb 04

I had this for one day, but OK now on Dial-Up instant service. but the other day it would load half page and stop when I Pressed Reload button it would come up and if I was not fast enough it would be lost into never, never, land. I got fed up and called it a day. But as above it's now OK

niknax 21:54 13 Feb 04

vog spot on ! aol

what now?

Nik

niknax 21:56 13 Feb 04

sorry should have said done the norm, remove aol adaptor, etc etc still the same!! even done a system restore!! must be mad!!

Nik

I have been giving this out all week, but had no feedback - download Opera browser click here

Minimise AOL and use Opera to access PCAdvisor.

niknax 22:31 13 Feb 04

cheers [email protected]@m!! will try it out! only 56k will give it a try at the weekend! got more time!

still puzzled! i know this sounds repetitive! but why!! one of the reasons we all love pc's!!

Nik

mammak 22:51 13 Feb 04

Well peep,s am on dailup at press a crap 29.2kbps no prob,s on PCA "Freserve anytime" no broadband here!

arricarry 23:10 13 Feb 04

Hello I am on freeserve and the threads are taking about 7 seconds to load. What number are you dialling mine is 147008089916080. I do not know where you are but this works ok in SE London

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…