PCAdvisor Homepage will not log-off

griffon56 16:56 27 Jun 09

Well, everybody, the title is it really. Any comment?

Sea Urchin 16:57 27 Jun 09

Just go to the Home page - top of left menu - and then you can log off

Sea Urchin 16:59 27 Jun 09

I know your title says your on Homepage, but try it anyway.

iscanut2 17:08 27 Jun 09

Do you mean when you click on "log Out" at top right hand side of PC Advisor page, nothing happens ?Why would you want to log out anyway ? By just moving on to another web page or closing down the pc, your PC advisor page will be available again next time without having to Log on.

griffon56 23:27 27 Jun 09

Thanks Sea Urchin, that's successful. I haven't been on Pc Advisor for months and the last time the option to log-off would work on any page. I can't see why it would be put there by PCA if it didn't. Any comment FE?

Hi Iscanut, without trying it and from memory I don't think my computer does that, you know how they vary. I'll try it when I've finished this. Thanks.

griffon56 23:39 27 Jun 09

I was logged out after a restart but still logged on after changing to another web page in the same tab and returning to PCA. Thanks, that seems to sort it but I'd still like to know why I can't log off from any page but the 'real' home page.

griffon56 11:20 29 Jun 09

User-1229748 12:13 29 Jun 09

it's been like that for quite a while now,my memory isn't the best these days but i do remember there were a few threads on the subject but i think the only way is to log out from the homepage unfortunately :o(

T I M B O 12:27 29 Jun 09

I'm not sure i am understanding this thread/problem.
I am using Opera Version 9.64,,,,Build 10487. When i wish to log out/log off, i just hit the log out button on the top right. If i happen to hit the "X" instead and just close down the web browser completly, then i have to log back in. Is this not normal?

griffon56 13:37 29 Jun 09

Hi TIMBO, I refer specifically to PCA's web pages after logging in. At top right of each page there is a log out choice. If this is clicked it does not log you out, unless you happen to be on their original and primary home page. If you're on any page or tab downstream of this, it does not log you out. The advice already given only partially works, logging out by the home page works, shutting down and restarting does not find you logged in again without going thro' the entry process even if you were logged in at shut down. OK now? This is with Firefox latest version.

griffon56 13:44 29 Jun 09

I've just found that you can't log IN from any other page than the original home page and ticking the Resolved box has no effect either. This seems to be yet another case of I've got a unique computer running an absolutely unique copy of Windows which doesn't do anything the same as anybody else's. Has anybody else got one like that, yes, I thought so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…