pcadvisor home page hijack!!! or not??

aol now use there aol.co.uk home page as our aol software welcome page now..so me thinks i will try to change the home page for the aol software..and whoopee pc advisor as my aol welcome page lol.. so i tried to change it back and for the life of me it wont change!!! tried a hijack this and it reccommended the blighters offending and they just come back again!!hope some one can advise cheers akanic
oh and i dont belive pc advisor has hijacked my homepage!! but need answers on resolution :-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 17 Jun 06

Are you running antipyware if so what programs?

Some antispyware programs lock the homepage to prevent Hijackers.

adaware and spybot avg free and router firewall

adaware has some sort of homepage protector and it says aol.co.uk...but everytime i open ie its pcadvisor...ah well

aol explore = startup page aol.co.uk then click home goes to pcadvisor

aol software = welcome page aol.co.uk then click home its pc advisor

ie = open page pcadvisor home pcadvisor

hope someone can decipher my drivel regards akanic

culprit was winlogon notify winzzd32.dll(file missing)
updated hijack to a newer version and i spoted it and it was removed!! dont know what it is yet..going to google now..regards akanic

hang on a minute just thinking ...how did i get this in the first place???...just normal browsing etc...is it aol or what,,the conspiracy thickens!! regards akanic

rdave13 01:18 18 Jun 06

Lately Aol have changed. The welcome page is no longer the home page for Aol. If you delete the welcome page in Aol and click the home page on the upper tool bar then you will get IE's home page. Mine is currently MSN.

rdave13 01:43 18 Jun 06

Sadly I think that AOL is going the way of all other ISP's. Nevermind the greenhorns that first connect to the internet--let them fend for themselves. Seems to me that this ISP is being primed for a takeover.

I might be wrong;but I might be right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…