pcAdvisor blocked

goff2 16:06 02 Jan 06

I have been struggling for the last two days to find out what is causing the blocking of click here from my win XP sp2 computer. Everything I check is OK but when I click to get to pcadvisor it says that it cant find server....page cannot be disclosed !Does anyone have any suggestion as to what in the world can be blocking this. I have made a restore point to the 31/12/05 when I had normal acces to pcadvisor but in vain.Please help.

stalion 16:08 02 Jan 06

I have just checked your link and pcadvisor is spelt incorrectly rectify the spelling and type in to the url box

VoG II 16:09 02 Jan 06

click here

does that work? Your link above is mis-spelled.

goff2 16:15 02 Jan 06

Vog
yes it works OK on this win98 computer but on my win xp it is hopeless. The spelling I use is correct pcadvisor

stalion 16:18 02 Jan 06

clear your internet history in xp

VoG II 16:19 02 Jan 06

If you hover the cursor over your 'click here' you will see it is mis-spelled. If you click on it you will get an error.

Try cleaning out temporary internet files click here

If that doesn't work, find the file

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

and rename it to hosts.txt then restart your PC.

goff2 16:19 02 Jan 06

I uninstalled Nortons NIS 2005 on 31/12/05 and installed AVG but then I also installed Cybersitter a parental control and I think that this caused the trouble. Although I uninstalled Cybersitter, I am still getting this blockage.

VoG II 16:25 02 Jan 06

Ah! Other thread click here

goff2 16:26 02 Jan 06

I cleared all History, Tempfiles and all cookies but still no joy so far

VoG II 16:27 02 Jan 06

Try the hosts file - that might be how Cybersitter works.

goff2 16:37 02 Jan 06

Vog
please how do I find and change the host file ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…