PCA Yellow Envelope

chub_tor 10:50 05 Nov 10
Answered

I recently suggested to a forum member that he contact me via the yellow envelope. He tried a couple of times but the messages never came through. I checked my account and all was OK so I PMed myself via the envelope and sure enough after 30 minutes or so no message had arrived. So I emailed myself from another of my email accounts to the one I use for this forum and it came through OK within a couple of minutes. Anyone else had this? Are the emails through PCA yellow envelopes moderated and somehow blocked? Or is my email ISP blocking emails from PCA as spam?

lotvic 11:23 05 Nov 10

OK here, Tested by sending myself one it came through almost straight away.
(Hotmail addy collected by OE)

I did recently have problem with PCA newsletter suddenly started being marked as spam and had to put address in Contacts list on Hotmail Server (had to login to webmail).

Graphicool1 11:50 05 Nov 10

I just gave it a try and received the email immeadiately. However, because it was addressed to me and also sent from me, it went straight into my 'Deleted' folder, because it saw it as 'Spam'.

Hope this helps G1

961 11:58 05 Nov 10

"it saw my message as spam"

Hilarious

However, I wonder if chub_tor may have changed his e-mail address lately and forgotten to update his details on the PCA database. That would cause the problem he describes

Chris the Ancient 12:22 05 Nov 10

Glad it wasn't just me!

CtA

Matt Egan 13:22 05 Nov 10

But I'll get the dev team to look at it.

Matt

chub_tor 16:58 05 Nov 10

No I have not changed my email address, and I have checked the spelling etc. In years gone by I have had no problem with the yellow envelope but this time it doesn't work. My guess is that it is being filtered as spam and blocked by my ISP (f2s - Freedom2Surf)

Chris the Ancient 10:10 06 Nov 10

Thinking back, it was error messages from f2s. First, I got a "mail delayed" message and later an "undeliverable" style message.

Methinks f2s are a bit fierce with their filtering!

Graphicool1 16:47 06 Nov 10

Go to your ISP site and see if you can change the settings.

skeletal 16:58 06 Nov 10

By coincidence I am currently corresponding with a forum member and they have just PMd me. I got the message OK.

Skeletal

chub_tor 20:04 06 Nov 10

Now this gets even curiouser. To get around what I thought was f2s blocking my emails from the yellow envelope as spam I went into my PCA account profile and changed my email address to a Hotmail one. A couple of hours ago I emailed a test message to myself via the yellow envelope and I have yet to have the message arrive. So it is nothing to do with f2s and spam settings after all but something concerned with email arriving from the PCA system. Not sure what I can do about that, any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…