Is PCA a victim of it's own success?

pj123 11:47 06 Dec 03

PCA Forum

I am on NTL Broadband at 600k. Because of the time it takes me to login I have just completed a 6 week survey. The average time taken to login has been 2 minutes 13 seconds. To get into the Forum to post this thread took 2 minutes 22 seconds. Obviously, evenings and weekends do account for longer login times but I have tried at various times every day and still experience very long login times. All other sites I visit (including those in My Favourites open instantly). I also notice that when I click on a thread title or the back button after reading a posting it takes over a minute to show. The blue on the Status Bar hardly moves. It’s like watching paint dry. Does anyone else have this or am I the only one?

AOL 512K. Access site = 6 seconds. Login = 10 seconds. Often I am still logged in, even after a re-boot, so total time to get to Helproom, 10 seconds.

VoG II 11:51 06 Dec 03

Try installing the hosts file as I have click here

bremner 11:57 06 Dec 03

Other than yesterday I have had very little problem with accessing this site, log on is in seconds and forum loading is never more than 10seconds or so.

TommyRed 12:02 06 Dec 03

I normally have no problem but yesterday and today have been exceptionally slow. In fact I can play a game of Solitaire whilst I'm waiting for the page to load. When it looks like it's stuck I click refresh which seems to help. I'm on dial-up in North Wales. TR

roygbiv 12:29 06 Dec 03

Normally PCA loads very quickly, Last few days it has taken longer (few minutes) to load.

XP dial-up (tryed at various times of the day)

Jester2K II 12:33 06 Dec 03

Removed the hosts file, installed Google Toolbar = WOOOOSH!!!!! Fast site again....

March Hare 12:48 06 Dec 03

NTL 150k BB. No Hosts File. Google Toolbar installed. Very slow for past few days. Other sites OK.

Jester2K II 12:51 06 Dec 03

Blimey - uninstalled Google Toolbar = slow, reinstalled = fast.

Is the server too busy?

March Hare 12:53 06 Dec 03

Sorry!

roygbiv 13:00 06 Dec 03

As i waited for this page to load (to post this) i had to refresh 3 times. This site is getting slower and slower.

PS i should of said dial-up (BB not coming to me EVER!) west Wales.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…