Is PCA a victim of it's own success?

pj123 11:28 06 Dec 03

I am on NTL Broadband at 600kbs. Because of the time it takes to login to the Forum I have just completed a 6 week survey. The average time it takes for the PCA site to show (over the past 6 weeks) is about 2.5 minutes. All other sites (including those in my favourites) are instant. This time for example, took 2 minutes, 2 seconds. Obviously, late evenings and weekends take the longest time but I have even had wait times of over 1 minute 30 seconds during working weekdays. If this is general, members who are on dialup must be getting huge phone bills.

pj123 12:31 06 Dec 03

Don't know how this got posted twice so I will tick this one.

Stuartli 12:35 06 Dec 03

Probably because it was so slow you click again.

Most people on dialup pay a fixed amount per month so phone charges won't come into it.

If you really want to see a fast, yet massive website just visit click here ...:-)

The finest website in the world - probably.

spuds 13:03 06 Dec 03

I thought this was a problem at my end.New BB installation. Last couple of days it as been a real pain to get 'instant' access to the PCA site.Other sites that use on a regular basis, seem to respond very quickly, and without problems.

Yesterday evening and today as been bad. Freezing taskbar slider,grey blank pages,diverted to un-requested threads, done messages with blank screen etc.

But as pj123 as stated, possibly PCA getting overloaded at times, with its own success!.

spuds 13:32 06 Dec 03

Looks like a dulicate posting by pj123, and a further posting by VOG running at present.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…