PCA update email?

stalion 12:16 14 Aug 04

received a email from pca advisor regarding update no612082 to speed up your computer anyone else received this?

rawprawn 12:22 14 Aug 04

Not me, you must be honoured.

stalion 12:28 14 Aug 04

I have emailed F.E. concerning this

spuds 12:31 14 Aug 04

More details required. Is this a spoof. Contact the forum editor for information.

Stuartli 13:00 14 Aug 04

Delete I would think - never, ever had e-mails from PCA in several years...:-)

Stuartli 13:02 14 Aug 04

That got posted before I finished...

If you have the Preview Pane disabled in OE - should be a permanent choice - you can highlight the e-mail, right click on it and read the header.

Clicking on the Message Source allows you to read the message; if you are not happy, keep Cancelling and then, whilst the message is still highlighted, Delete using the Toobar button.

stalion 13:03 14 Aug 04

I have taken no action with the email,a company is useing pca name to send this

rawprawn 13:57 14 Aug 04

The thing that worries me is how they knew that you visit PCA, and would therefore be more likely to open it and be less on your guard. they can't get the address from this forum unless you want to disclose it, or am I being niaive

stalion 14:00 14 Aug 04

who knows I have had no connection with this company and no dealings with them whatsoever

Graham ® 14:10 14 Aug 04

Is it someone who has used the email facility on this site?

rawprawn 14:35 14 Aug 04

If you have emailed FE, has he, or you for that matter any idea what update no612082 is. I did a quick search but found nothing. Just a thought, is it anything to do with the other PCA site that was I think in Singapore or Hong Kong about 6/9 months ago, I know some people from this forum visited and registered there out of interest, but I don't know what happened to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…