PCA speedtester

aine 19:51 05 Jun 08

When I click on this speedtester the web goes off, To get the web back i have to click on either IE7 or firefox? Anyone else noticed this.

crispins 20:10 05 Jun 08

Yes I have exactly the same problem, have tried 2 others as well one being the BT one with the same result, the only one s I have managed to run are my own ISP's which seems to give a realistic result and the BBC one which gives a result which seems to report rather low. I will be interested to see what responses you get.

Zak 20:33 05 Jun 08

I take it this is the link that is not working for you:

click here

I have just tried it and it works for me.

Try:

click here

which is the same speed test but direct from the web page.

It may well be that you have very high security settings, some other security application blocking the speed test. Please also read the FAQs - sorry if you have already done so.

Another speed test to try is at:

click here

but you will need to register first.

aine 20:19 06 Jun 08

thanks for your replies, the global speed test works OK on my pc. but the PCA one doesnt, my settings are alright for this and BT, so why would other tests require different settings?

woodchip 21:56 06 Jun 08

Try this one click here

aine 11:04 07 Jun 08

I will click this as resolved,I have lowered the security settings, but this not fix the problem. I will stick with the namesco one this is my ISP

birdface 11:20 07 Jun 08

Your click here no longer works.They have either stopped it or maybe repairing it.Pity as it was a good speedtest.

birdface 11:21 07 Jun 08

Yes .it is the Namesco one that no longer works.So you will have to try another one.

woodchip 13:55 07 Jun 08

And I used it all the time

birdface 14:10 07 Jun 08

Likewise I always used it.Maybe they are just going to update it.But does not look good.

woodchip 14:12 07 Jun 08

License as not been payed, so it looks like it gone.

I have gone back to using this, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5