PCA Slow

Andsome 08:27 30 Aug 04

This is definitely the slowest site that I use. Other sites open anything from instantaneous to no more than a second or two, and going from page to page is also just as fast. For the last few days however, this site takes ages to go from page to page, or to make a posting to a thread. It has NEVER been the fastest, but as I say for the last few days it is snails pace. Anyone else got the same problem?

goonerbill © ® 08:53 30 Aug 04

have noticed a bit of a slow down and also posting a reply to a thread can take ages if it dont stop all together

Andsome 09:00 30 Aug 04

I find now that posting to a thread can on occasions take at least half a minute. With other forums this is down to anything from instantaneous to no more than a couple of seconds.

Andsome 09:01 30 Aug 04

The above posting took fifty three seconds to register. Surely this is not right.

VoG II 09:06 30 Aug 04

You need a BIOS flash and a reformat by the sounds of it.

OR if you have been following the countless other similar threads you will have seen the FE has explained that work is in hand behind the scenes. However, it is a Bank Holiday.

VoG II 09:07 30 Aug 04

That took a millisecond to post.

CurlyWhirly 09:08 30 Aug 04

and as he has said before there is work going on in the background to try and resolve this.
A dedicated server was mentioned in the meantime just have patience!
By the way I am on broadband so I am used to pages loading quickly.
CW

Andsome 09:09 30 Aug 04

The whole point is that this is the only site that is affected. All other sites are virtually instantaneous.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…