PCA site what happening.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:05 10 Mar 04

This site getting worse pages take ages to open have to refresh to get all the posts in a thread
My Posts dont show until i refresh,
Cant be just me that has these glitches.

Regards.

Edstow 13:16 10 Mar 04

No, it isn't just you.

I've begun posting again after some absence but my attendance here is going to be very limited if things remain as slow as they are recently.

I'm on superspeed BB but getting here is like my old 56K working in treacle.

Ed

whatsupdoc 13:17 10 Mar 04

pca at home on 1mb line. i think it may be volume. but at work on a very fast line it takes less than a second always.

stlucia 13:18 10 Mar 04

Just opened your post, with 0 replies listed against it, only to find that there is in fact 1 reply (Edstow's) which was input 4 minutes ago. Things are definately slowing down so far as I'm concerned.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:25 10 Mar 04

Think it could be the volume of people on the site witch does slow it down a lot,having said that it still doesnt explain why some posts dont show up until a refresh when i know i posted and they not there ,ended up posting same thing 3 times other day cos i didnt think it had got there lol.

Regards.

deadneat 13:26 10 Mar 04

I think its due to all the postings to this thread click here ;-)

Edstow 13:27 10 Mar 04

Mine is a superfast (2Mbps) business line.

anon1 13:47 10 Mar 04

Oh goodie a superfast connection. sorry guys it does not matter how fast your connection is a webpage will only load as quick as the server copes with requests. I believe that PCA may be experienceing a few problems on the server front if the weekends errors are anything to go by. Just relax and remember its free so what if it gets a bit slow at times.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:52 10 Mar 04

Does it matter it free? does it matter its not working as it should does it even matter that the posts arnt showing up,well i guess not,good job its free then eh.

Regards.

Taran 14:29 10 Mar 04

Your line can be as fast as it likes in terms of theoretical capability.

If the network in your area is having issues anywhere in the chain, the speed of your line doesn't even enter into it.

There are so many factors that can slow traffic down and these factors need not be global - sometimes you may find one particular site crawls in your area while everything else does not.

Almost every time we see these posts it seems that certain local areas suffer, for a time, and then things right themselves again. All blame in the meantime seems to be directed squarely at this site which has to be a little unfair, if you stop to think about it.

I'm on standard ADSL at the moment and I've noticed no drop in speed, page loads and so on at all for this site. At other times when things have slowed down for me, nobody else seemed to be troubled and I didn't feel it necessary to air the fact that things were stuttering slightly.

Running a trace on network traffic in the past has highlighted very clearly that yes, there were bottlenecks. Those bottlenecks were nothing to do with this site though and, for those who are interested, I've just run a network trace of Google.com and this site. This site took fewer hops to deliver the resopnse and its response times were faster than the mighty Google.

Food for thought ?

Taran 14:32 10 Mar 04

I'm all for constructive criticism, but this isn't really, is it ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…