PCA site

Al94 20:27 05 Apr 04

This is not a complaint! Is it just me or has the site slowed down again over the past few days? It seems to take a long time (around 15 secs) for home page to load (Broadband) and can be very slow going to individual subjects. (worth waiting for!) I notice in the status bar it says Unknown Zone (Mixed) rather than Internet. Any views?

Graham ® 20:29 05 Apr 04

What browser are you using?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:30 05 Apr 04

I use two different BB providers during the day and another different one at home. Haven't noticed any slow down.

G

obbit 20:30 05 Apr 04

it's ok here. fast, haven't noticed any slowing down.

Quiller. 20:30 05 Apr 04

I'm on dial-up and the site has never loaded so fast for me.

Maybe just 1 or 2 seconds to open a page. It's been great since the move to the new server.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:31 05 Apr 04

Can be down to large requests on the PCA server can be a tiny wait while it gets the page u need.

Regards.

Al94 20:34 05 Apr 04

IE6 Graham ®. Dunno why, all other sites are flying but I find PCA site very slow since Friday. What does "Unknown Zone (Mixed) mean?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:37 05 Apr 04

What it says IE doesnt know the IP of the site you requested so it says unknown till it connects to the server.

Regards.

Graham ® 20:40 05 Apr 04

When it slows down I switch to Opera until normal service is restored. Ok with me at the moment, I think it's a regional congestion thing click here

lucky1 20:42 05 Apr 04

No problems here. On dial-up and in Scotland!!

Al94 21:20 05 Apr 04

Have just run Adaware and found 107 various instances of Wild Tangent! I also have Spywareblaster running. After deleting all 107, PCA site now loads quickly! Where could these have come from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…