Is PCa running slow today

birdface 13:43 PM 09 Nov 11
Answered

I downloaded Firefox 8 earlier today and the PCA site has been very slow since.

Anyone else getting a slow response to the PCA website or is it a Firefox problem.

gengiscant 13:56 PM 09 Nov 11

In the last hour or so it has dropped to a crawl,which is a shame as it has been quite well behaved recently.

birdface 14:00 PM 09 Nov 11
Answer

Ok thanks for the info gengiscant I thought it may have been something to do with the new version of Firefox.

As I am not the only one having bother with it I will class this as resolved.

sunnystaines 18:51 PM 09 Nov 11

ok now but was dreaful ealier took several mins to open each post

birdface 20:01 PM 09 Nov 11

sunnystaines it was bad earlier but ok now.

It has been a little bit iffy since Monday I can usually tell when something is going to happen when the refresh button on Firefox opens red and stays like that for a bit longer than normal.

It was taking ages today.But Ok now.

I closed this early as I get e-mails telling me that someone has posted to the thread even though I have it unticked.I do wish they would turn it off.

gengiscant 20:07 PM 09 Nov 11

*Buteman. * It is very hit and miss these days as to whether a notification email comes through not just with me. I seen new posters say that they hadn't received an email when someone has posted to their question.

birdface 20:20 PM 09 Nov 11

I have never been one for getting e-mails from PCA never got any with their old set up but get them now.

Maybe I should tick the square and they might stop.

Just hate getting e-mails that are not wanted.

I have got them marked as junk but obviously still get them in the junk mail folder.

I actually forgot about them till I opened a few threads to day be a while before I open any more.

birdface 20:23 PM 09 Nov 11

I have never been one for getting e-mails from PCA never got any with their old set up but get them now.

Maybe I should tick the square and they might stop.

Just hate getting e-mails that are not wanted.

I have got them marked as junk but obviously still get them in the junk mail folder.

I actually forgot about them till I opened a few threads to day be a while before I open any more.

birdface 20:23 PM 09 Nov 11

Oops.

birdface 10:29 AM 10 Nov 11

Looks like it is a little bit slow today again.

birdface 10:44 AM 10 Nov 11

Waiting for pinmywebsite.com to open which has no security clearance.

Seams to work ok on I/E but takes ages on Firefox.

This is the one.

http://www.pagesinventory.com/domain/www.pinmywebsite.com.html#4

But what I have read about it is it is a Microsoft program/So should it be interfering with Firefox.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites