PCA problem ?

birdface 10:25 05 Feb 09

Hi.Not sure if it is something new from PCA or just a problem with my computer.While PCA is active I sometimes go down and make a cup of coffee and by the time I get back to the computer I have to sign in again even though I have keep me signed in on my profile.Anybody have the same problem.Or maybe watch the news on telly and have to sign in again after a minute or two.it is getting a bit regular now.All my Security programs get run regularly.

Technotiger 10:28 05 Feb 09

Hi, I have often left my PC on the Forum, to do other things, have never had any log out/log in problems.

Technotiger 10:28 05 Feb 09

Check your Power settings in Control Panel.

birdface 10:54 05 Feb 09

Hi.I have power options in control panel is that what you mean.Cant find anything except when I go into UPS it says the UPS service is currently stopped and I have no idea as to what it actually does.

anskyber 10:57 05 Feb 09

UPS is usually an uninteruptable power supply, in simple terms its like a battery back up which works a bit like a laptop battery. It allows a PC to be shut down if there is a power cut.I have one.

anskyber 11:00 05 Feb 09

click here there are cheaper alternatives

birdface 11:11 05 Feb 09

Unless there is one already built into this computer there will probably not be one installed.Thats probably why its saying currently stopped.So will be able to ignore that then.

anskyber 11:13 05 Feb 09

Yep, very unlikely its part of the PC they are about the size of a couple of house bricks or at least the decent ones are.

birdface 11:18 05 Feb 09

Ok thanks for the info.I obviously do not have one then.

Technotiger 13:34 05 Feb 09

Yes, Power Options. Check that your Power schemes shows Always on, and that the three Options below that, are each set to Never.

birdface 13:43 05 Feb 09

Ok.It was set for one hour but have changed it to never,Thats the same as the rest of the options.Looks like I am the only one that has had any problems with it.So will have to check on some of my other settings to see if I can find where the problem is.I have just been downstairs for 20 minutes and came back up and it is still running.So must have done something right.Maybe when I went into my profile and confirmed my setting may have sorted it.
Time will tell.Thanks everyone for your help.It is always appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced