PCA pop-ups

Drum 16:07 13 Feb 11

What has happened to the PCA website?
I never noticed this so persistent before, but today every time I hit the browser "Back" button,(IE9 beta) I get a full screen popup from "ESET... Security with every keystroke", and have to click the "skip this ad button".
My popup blocker is on and even if I set this to High level, the ad is still there... GRRRR

Any way to kill this?

howard64 16:20 13 Feb 11

just live with it pca needs to cover the costs of the forum

Muergo 18:47 13 Feb 11

Just download Adblock plus (free) that'll fix the lot

guesswho2 21:14 13 Feb 11

Curiously I find that IE is the best for viewing PCA. With either FF and Chrome I'm swamped with ads - which AdBlock cannot handle it seems.

isca2 21:37 13 Feb 11

This works very well for me click here

Flak999 21:43 13 Feb 11

Use chrome with adblock, you will never be bothered again!

johnnyrocker 22:14 13 Feb 11

unless i am doing something wrong ghostery site just freezes.

johnny

Muergo 22:57 13 Feb 11

Strange, guesswho2, I am using Adblock on Firefox3 and it works a treat without having to manually enter specific sites.

Howard 64, Costs of the forum are covered by my subscription but they would rather you pay full price.

Had a free copy of Pro sent to me after they must have spent a lot on an ad in Telegraph, but not taking up their offer, PC Advisor is much better.
I get a few brownie points for that!!

Drum 09:52 14 Feb 11

But how does advertising FREE software fund the forum ?

Drum 17:19 14 Feb 11

Muergo ...that's a strange link you posted, doesn't seem to have anything to do with Adblock ?

Is the Adblock software only suitable for Firefox and/or Chrome, ie can I run it successfuly with just IE 9beta ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…