PCA November cover disc fort Knox

terryr48 11:18 18 Sep 04

I have loaded fort knox off the cover disc,supposedly full programme but its says "you have 28 days remaining"- can't find any reference to a registration code so is this a full prog or just a demo which expires soon?

tercut 23:22 20 Sep 04

This seems to be a common problem with magazines "enticements to buy" Lets see how long it takes for the editor to give us the code.
this prog was in the FULL section of the disc rather than in Trials.

tomgraham100 17:05 29 Sep 04

have phoned PCA helpline and they say they will email me the code soon. so if anyone has it before then please share it with us!

terryr48 16:27 08 Oct 04

e-mail recieved from Richard CD Editor PCA mag
Dear Sir,

Please accept my apologies, this was a mistake on my part. It appears that the CD-ROM edition of PC Advisor November2004 contained an evaluation version of Fort Knox. The DVD edition of PC Advisor contained the correct, fully-functioning version of the software.

The full version was supposed to have been included on both the CD-ROM and DVD editions of the magazine, but due to my oversight this was not the case.

I intend to include the correct version of the software on the December CD-ROM edition of PC Advisor, which will allow all subscribers to replace the version installed from November's PC Advisor with the correct version. I will also be happy to send you the November PC Advisor DVD, if you have a DVD drive, so that you can install the correct version.

If you do not have a DVD drive on your PC, I can either copy the file to a CD-ROM and send this to you, or I can email the file to you. The file is approximately 1.5MB, and so can be emailed with relative ease. You should be able to download this file from your email account without any major problems, if you have a broadband connection. If you are using a 28K or 56K modem, this may take some time, and so you may prefer to have the file sent to you on a CD-ROM.

Please let me know which is the preferred method of delivery and I will be pleased to arrange this for you.

Once again, please accept my apologies for this mistake, I do make every effort to ensure the software on the discs is as stated on the magazine cover, it certainly wasn't our intention to mislead customers by providing the wrong version of this software package with the magazine.

kind regards

Richard

CD Editor
So another good result from PCA-thanks

Pidder 18:32 08 Oct 04

Can anyone who bought the November issue and wants to use this program request a C.D.?

mik0312 11:10 25 Jan 05

Has anyone got the key code yet? if not did the correct version appear on Decenbers disc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…