PCA Newsletter flagged as spam

steve12345 15:26 06 Aug 10

Recently my PC Advisor NewLetters have been flagged as spam. Looking at it more closely, the From field has changed from pcadvisor.co.uk to idg-comms-b2c-ed.cccampaigns.net, and all the links are now from p2tre.emv3.com instead of the usual pcadvisor.co.uk domain.

It's probably legit but I just wanted to make sure.

provider 2 15:54 06 Aug 10

Same with mine, but perhaps more worrying is both letters are recommending/advertising reimage4 and one purports to be from `the reimage team`.

Googling and WOT advisory both come up with some pretty awful results both for reimage4 and some of the sites distributing it ... and now there`s an add at the top of this page claiming `PC Advisor in Association with reimage`.

It would be good to know what`s going on.

woodchip 16:38 06 Aug 10

They are now just using the main server to send them out

woodchip 16:39 06 Aug 10

Type into Google IDG Publications hear you are click here

woodchip 16:43 06 Aug 10

from click here

9/05/08: PC Advisor ranks high on Hitwise

Hitwise, the world's leading online competitive intelligence service, has ranked PC Advisor.co.uk as the No. 2 website for UK traffic in the tech media market.

bollinger 14:32 16 Aug 10

The PC Advisor newsletter is also being marked as junk on my hotmail. The old originating address was :
newsletter@email.pcadvisor.co.uk

but the latest originating address is:
email@idg-comms-b2c-ed.cccampaigns.net

It looks normal but would appreciate confirmationthat it's ok.

Thanks

bollinger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…