PCA march 2005 page 139 disk cleanup Query

gel 07:29 12 Feb 05

I entered this item under DISK CLEAN UP MORE OPTIONS LOST PROGS?but didnot get a responce-so I have entered again-I hope this is acceptable.
I have
been following DISK CLEANUP in March 2005 PC Advisor page 139. Disk clean up was OK I do it weekly. Then clicked 'MORE ' as suggested in PC advisor ticked old system restore points-seemed OK ticked 'unused soft ware'-I thought I would see what I was getting rid of-but it took action without telling me So what have I deleted and where is the deleted software? I was going to tick 'unneccessary windows components'-it did list them- but since I do not know what they are I cancelled (what are they?) The action has certainly cleaned
up my disc. I am worried in case I have nothing left (I only joke-I think) Any one with a comment please gel

Diodorus Siculus 07:58 12 Feb 05

I think that you may have missed a step - or clicked to quickly on one - if the PC [quote] took action without telling[/quote] you. I doubt that anything serious was done.

Completealias 12:42 12 Feb 05

Have you found out what software it removed and chances are you prob did miss a step where the software was listed. It may be a case that you have to reinstall the software you could try a system restore point to a date before this happened

gel 14:15 12 Feb 05

Thanks for comments
I have re-run DISC CLEANUP + MORE and yes I did miss a step The re-run revealed the list of programmes as in >control panel> add or remove progs
- unfortunatly I ticked 'get rid of the old restore points'-fortunately I havn't missed anything yet.
I expect that the worst that could have happened is that I got rid of the prog that headed the list of progs - may be adobe.
Does any of this make sence

Completealias 18:19 12 Feb 05

Sounds ok 2 me u can just reinstall any progs u accendently removed and you're be back 2 how things were

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…