PCA Magazine question...

muscic lover 16:19 20 Apr 06

I regularly read the magazine (and buy it) from Tesco. Recently they seem to have stopped stocking it. Tesco staff couldnt tell me why and neither could the Tesco web site folk - I use the Tesco Langstone Branch (Havant, Hampshire) and its a big store too.

Does anyone know if all Tesco's are doing this? Or am I going to have to subscribe... you dont get the disk case if you do and this is why i buy it on its own.

Jimmy14 16:22 20 Apr 06

Funnily enough everytime I go into my local Tesco for Pc Advisor Monthly DvD Edition I find that the only stock Cd Versions. I have had to travel to Asda instead for it because I am not to keen on the cd edition.

chub_tor 16:32 20 Apr 06

I am a subscriber to the DVD edition and I always get the disk case.

pj123 16:33 20 Apr 06

What do you mean "you don't get the disk case"

How do you know that?

I subscribe to the DVD edition and the DVD is in a DVD case. It is also so much cheaper than buying retail, and you get it before it is on the shelves in the stores.

the old man 16:35 20 Apr 06

just got dvd version no problem at local Asda in North Wales.

Sibbo 16:35 20 Apr 06

I have the opposite problem to you Music Lover. Most stores that I go into in the Dunstable area where I live only have the DVD editions, and I don't usually want those, the CD version suits me just fine. It's not only PC Advisor either, but most other PC magazines. I think it is a marketing ploy to get you to spend more money. The trouble with this, is that they don't get my money as I normally just walk out without buying anything. Whatever happened to choice?......

muscic lover 16:38 20 Apr 06

I have a friend who subscribes and gets a card case and no plastic one!

I guess I will be subscribing!

pj123 16:49 20 Apr 06

I would check out your friend. email me your address and I will post you out a DVD as it comes with the magazine.

Totally-braindead 17:30 20 Apr 06

The Tescos in Forfar certainly had last months but I don't buy it from them anyway as they only stock the DVD version now, I buy it from my local newspaper shop because I want the CD edition. There were none on the shelves this morning but I presume they are waiting for this months edition to come in.

SG Atlantis® 17:35 20 Apr 06

My disk always comes in a proper case when my dvd subscription gets delivered.

1. Subscription is cheaper
2. Lands in your hallway, no need to hike to a supermarket
3. You get it before the shops do anyway!

well worth it.

kdt 17:37 21 Apr 06

you can buy cheap plastic cases less than 20p trim the edges of the paper sleeves put it in the plastic case as i do or just save the paper/cardboard sleeves as they are

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced