PCA Mag - "...the truth revealed!..."

Hax 15:45 20 May 04

OK! Averaged over a year I spend probably £60 a month on inkjet cartridges for my various printers.

PCA Mag is going to help maybe reduce these costs!

"THE INKJET CARTRIDGE SCAM - Price vs quality : the truth revealed"

er where?

All I have in my copy is a blurt covering almost two pages on why an OFT benchmark for printers is not forthcoming and a page on the "The science of ink!"

Not quite how I read it!

FE - care to comment?

Confab 15:56 20 May 04

As far as I can remember from reading the article you can sum it up in two statements.

1) Buy a printer that has cheaper replacement ink carts.

2) Do less printing.

Confab

rwarrender 16:46 20 May 04

Poor Hax, I don't think this was the kind of reply he was expecting! lol :)

From Richard

Old Shep 16:52 20 May 04

Unless we are a bit thick we knew that anyway so what was the point in the article. Like Hax I read it and thought 'what is this rubbish about'

Stuartli 16:56 20 May 04

Are you printing the Index catalogue?

pj123 17:30 20 May 04

I have just got my copy of PCA Mag for July 2004 and I agree the article doesn't actually reveal anything. I teach IT and have 8 computers all shared with 4 Epson printers (via switchboxes) and I don't spend anywhere near £60 a month on ink. I get all my replacement ink cartridges from Choice Stationery at click here and have had no problems so far. They do give a good guarantee that if any of their ink cartridges cause a problem with your printer they will repair or replace the printer. I have never had to invoke this guarantee yet, and the quality is as good as, if not better than the original cartridges that came with the printer.

maz2 17:39 20 May 04

You could try a programme called inksaver you do get a certain loss of quality, but if your printing a lot it could save you money

wee eddie 17:56 20 May 04

Hax: If you read the article, carefully, you will see that it doesn't say that OEM Cartridges are a rip off. They are not, you buy a quality ink that suits the print head, albeit at a price.

What it does say is that you can achieve an almost identical quality of printout at a fraction of that cost.

Also it says (my reading between the lines) that a volume user will save enough to cover the risk of print head dilapidation and have cash to spare.

spuds 18:07 20 May 04

maz2-- Inksaver is a very funny product,in terms of cost and compatibility.It doesn't work with Lexmark and Lexmark re-badged products. The purchase price of this product can cost £20.00+ in places like PCW, Staples etc, yet Serif sell it for £9.95 plus s/h. Serif also includes a bonus cd copy of one of their software products.

I understand though,that if it works on a particular printer,then some savings are possible.

Regarding the OFT report (:o((

maz2 23:49 20 May 04

I'm running it on an Epson CX3200 at a saving of 15% it's ok in black and white but the colour does suffer a bit but as I say it depends what you want to print

Charence 00:01 21 May 04

pj123 - you read WRONG!! Hax said £60/year not /month.

At the moment the cheapest ink I've found is from InkClub click here .

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac