PPD\Print Perfect Deluxe.msi - Adware Generic. TXH
PPD\Print Perfect Deluxe.msi:\Binary.New_Binary3 - Adware Generic. TXH
AVAST4 detects:-
PPD\Print Perfect Deluxe.msi - "Win32:HelpExp-B [Adw]"
PPD\Print Perfect Deluxe.msi:\Binary.New_Binary3 - "Win32:HelpExp-B [Adw]"

on installing PPD
AVAST4 detects:- Win32:HelpExp-B [Adw] in Locals~1\Temp\MSI35.tmp
recommended action: Move to chest
Then a window pops up - Print Perfect Deluxe Installer Information Error 1721 There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required to this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Though it sems to have installed at this point

-
are these false positives ??

Forum Editor 13:57 09 Nov 08

I've received no other notifications, but to be sure I'll pass your comments to Richard, our CD/DVD Editor.

Sea Urchin 14:34 09 Nov 08

Do I detect you're running two AV programs? If so not recommended.

Seth Haniel 15:06 09 Nov 08

different packs on different machines t o check DVD and both are flagging the same error
-if I had third pc wirth another package I'd try that and see if the same fault in the same programme shows

Sea Urchin 16:35 09 Nov 08

I thought after I posted that might be the case. Since then I have installed the Print Perfect program from the disk, and had no complaints from my AVG8. Mind you - mine is the CD version - wonder if that makes a difference?

Woolwell 17:07 09 Nov 08

After your posts I ran a Kaspersky 2009 check on my DVD. It came up with 2 adware alerts for the Print Perfect Deluxe both adware win32.helpexpress. Suspect that it is over reacting and that it is linked to ads within the program.

xMystik 11:59 10 Nov 08

Hi,

My name is Steve Smith and I work for the company that publishes this software. I've just scanned the installer, original dvd and the final installation file. No problems were found.

I agree with the previous poster, this looks like over reacting on the part of some anti-virus programs. I suspect that this could be triggered by the auto update/registration part of the installer.

If anyone has any further concerns, please feel free to email our tech support office using the following address:-

[email protected]

All the best

Steve.

Seth Haniel 15:56 10 Nov 08

better safe than sorry

Forum Editor 16:59 10 Nov 08

Many thanks for your prompt response - much appreciated.

bluto1 19:08 10 Nov 08

I've only just signed in and was going to post a similar thread on the same subject.
In my case the same malware was discovered by SpyBot.
I'll email xMystik in support.

Seth Haniel 08:10 11 Nov 08

well thats 4 seperate programs finding the item - AVG8 - Avast4 - Spybot & Kaspersky 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5